Skip to main content

there is no better place for me than KMLA..?

Q.

there is no better place for me than KMLA. At this very moment, there is NOWHERE i'd rather be . Really..?





A.

I am sure that there is no better high schools than KMLA for me in Korea. I have always hated the atmosphere that 'force' students to study since I was very young and had always dreamed of dropping out of school where 'I' am never respected as I am. (I got to hate it since I was objected to major in arts by many adults though I had started drawing since I was 4 and was actually good at it just because 'I won't make much money if I major in design".) KMLA was a place where I actually 'escaped' from those forceful atmosphere as I thought I would be able to do what I want to do more freely than other places. I am completely satisfied with what I am doing in KMLA since I must not have been able to do activities like designing T-shirt, newspaper, and newsletter, taking photos, and running a play if I were in normal high schools. However, I don't think there is NOWHERE I'd rather be but KMLA in this 'very moment' since I do not think I am not doing my best as I am not fully showing my potential because I am going through a hard time. I feel guilty to stay here as I am not in a condition to do the best as my parents are paying a lot of money for me so that I can stay here. I wish I can come the school back after resting for about 1 month.

Comments

  1. In the words of Finding Nemo (the blue fish): Keep on swimming, swimming, swimming! Every student will feel this way at some point, and if they don't they are anomalies. It's always good to think about the sacrifice parents make for education, but it shouldn't be something that makes you feel guilty or the reason you try harder. If you are able to balance things you love with things you like and also manage the things you "dislike" while at KMLA, then you are doing something right. Sounds like you are doing much better than you think you are just by thinking these things constructively.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Actually, it is a privilege!

             "There is always something we can learn from tradition" This is what my parents always say (that I cannot totally agree) whenever I complain about conservative, patriarchal tradition of Korean holiday, Chuseok and New years day. Every time I go to grandfather's house in Korean holiday, I feel disgust to see scene that shows radical patriarchal tradition of Korea. Only women work in kitchen as soon as they arrive in grandfather's house, and men watch TV in living room, seems not to even 'consider' helping women. However, women are the last to eat meal since they are allowed to eat after they finish cleaning a kitchen and has to set the men's table first. The difficulty that women go through when they eat does not end here. Since men use much larger table for eating even though they are fewer than women, women have to eat in a small table in a huddle. Though they ache in joints because of intense labor in a kitchen, they can't even st

Do you have a lollipop moment?

 In a TED talk with a title "Everyday leadership" by Drew Dudley, Dudley talks about a lollipop moment, a moment where someone said or did something that people feel fundamentally made their life better. He shares a moment that he gave a lollipop moment to other person, which he couldn't not remember and talks a necessity to redefine leadership as lollipop moment.   Actually, I don't have a memory of making other people's life fundamentally better by my own words and behaviors. However, I have a moment that my life became better by other person's words, and want to share it through this post.   Before I came here, Korean Minjok Leadership Academy, I could not believe God though I have gone to church on Sundays since I was born and had a Bible study almost everyday from my parents who were sincere christians. Though I always prayed and sung hymns with my mouth, my heart never thought I was doing them with sincerity. I was just pretending to be a fa

Dormitory alone

     I throw myself on my bed being exhausted. I can hear my roommates under me talking loudly about food they are going to eat in home during weekends. Wishing the dormitory weekend menus to be good, I close my eyes for a short sleep until the first self study time begins.   Surprised with a large sound coming out from my alarm clock, I wake up. The total silence in a whole room makes me hard to believe that only 30 minutes have passed from the moment that the whole dormitory was full of sound of students being excited about going home. I consider sleeping for a whole self study for a moment, but I soon make up my mind and get out of the bed since I know dormitory teacher always look around the empty dormitory in order to check whether students cleaned their room before they leave.   I slowly put books in to study during the first self study time in my bag and go up to a cafeteria, my favorite place to study. A cafeteria which is usually full of students preparing for presentat