Skip to main content

Lab Note #3 The result

 

Lab Note #3 The result

Experiment date: 2020. 8. 31

Material: Microscope, cell counting machine, the result of the first experiment

1. Observing the result of the last experiment 

Through a microscope, I observed colorectal cells that were treated with PLA2 and 5-FU. Then I took pictures of them through a computer connected to the microscope. 

Though I expected to observe the reduced cells, I was surprised to see the cells that reduced only in a small amount. So I decided to use cell counting machine to get the exact result. 

2. Counting cells

Dead cells are stained red while alive cells are stained green. The machine then count the number of green cells and red cells. 

First, I put small amount of buffer solution with chemical (PLA2 or 5FU) and cells on the small plate. (Pipetting should be done in order to make sure that cells aren't compacted together.) Then, I put the plate on the machine which starts counting. After I check the result, I saved it on the USB. Though the procedure seemed simple, I had to pay attention since it is easy to count the same solution twice. 

The result wasn't clear as I thought although I consider error. To be more specific, I expected to observe cells that reduce as the concentration of PLA2 and 5FU increase, but I could observe some cells that increased though the concentration of chemical increased as well. I thought it was because I made a mistake during the experiment. 

<Result>


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Actually, it is a privilege!

             "There is always something we can learn from tradition" This is what my parents always say (that I cannot totally agree) whenever I complain about conservative, patriarchal tradition of Korean holiday, Chuseok and New years day. Every time I go to grandfather's house in Korean holiday, I feel disgust to see scene that shows radical patriarchal tradition of Korea. Only women work in kitchen as soon as they arrive in grandfather's house, and men watch TV in living room, seems not to even 'consider' helping women. However, women are the last to eat meal since they are allowed to eat after they finish cleaning a kitchen and has to set the men's table first. The difficulty that women go through when they eat does not end here. Since men use much larger table for eating even though they are fewer than women, women have to eat in a small table in a huddle. Though they ache in joints because of intense labor in a kitchen, they can't even st

Do you have a lollipop moment?

 In a TED talk with a title "Everyday leadership" by Drew Dudley, Dudley talks about a lollipop moment, a moment where someone said or did something that people feel fundamentally made their life better. He shares a moment that he gave a lollipop moment to other person, which he couldn't not remember and talks a necessity to redefine leadership as lollipop moment.   Actually, I don't have a memory of making other people's life fundamentally better by my own words and behaviors. However, I have a moment that my life became better by other person's words, and want to share it through this post.   Before I came here, Korean Minjok Leadership Academy, I could not believe God though I have gone to church on Sundays since I was born and had a Bible study almost everyday from my parents who were sincere christians. Though I always prayed and sung hymns with my mouth, my heart never thought I was doing them with sincerity. I was just pretending to be a fa

Dormitory alone

     I throw myself on my bed being exhausted. I can hear my roommates under me talking loudly about food they are going to eat in home during weekends. Wishing the dormitory weekend menus to be good, I close my eyes for a short sleep until the first self study time begins.   Surprised with a large sound coming out from my alarm clock, I wake up. The total silence in a whole room makes me hard to believe that only 30 minutes have passed from the moment that the whole dormitory was full of sound of students being excited about going home. I consider sleeping for a whole self study for a moment, but I soon make up my mind and get out of the bed since I know dormitory teacher always look around the empty dormitory in order to check whether students cleaned their room before they leave.   I slowly put books in to study during the first self study time in my bag and go up to a cafeteria, my favorite place to study. A cafeteria which is usually full of students preparing for presentat